ACT Preparation Experience
Prepare For The Spring 2021 ACT Dates
What To Expect
Cultivate ACT Preparation Experience combines the community of small group collaborative learning with the rigor of six hours of one-on-one instruction. Each student can create the experience they need to thrive.
• 6 hrs of group instruction
• 6hrs of one-on-one tutoring with Cultivate’s Expert ACT Tutor and recipient of a Perfect ACT Score, Benjamin Smith
• 3 Full, Timed & Scored Practice Tests
• In-Person or Virtual option available, online students participate live and fully engage in each element of the experience
March 20th @ 9am: 3.5 hrs
Introduction & Practice Test #1
Students begin their prep experience by taking a full length, proctored ACT scored by Ben Smith to understand each student’s areas of strengths and their individual needs for improvement.
March 21st @ 9am: 1 hr
Test #1 Results and Q&A Session
Guided through their results, Ben will review test questions of students’ individual choosing for clarity and content mastery. Students will begin to schedule their one-on-one meetings with Ben based on their results.
March 27th @ 9am: 1.5 hrs
Mathematics Content and Strategies
After an introduction to Cultivate’s unique small group learning approach, students will learn the strategies and content needed for success on the Mathematics sections of the ACT. Given the recent distance learning models adopted by most high schools, Ben Smith teaches mathematics concepts for student mastery that may have been missed in virtual learning.
March 28th @ 9am: 1.5 hrs
Science Content and Strategies
Students will learn the strategies and content needed for success on the Science section of the ACT. Given the recent distance learning models adopted by most high schools, Ben Smith teaches scientific and critical thinking concepts for student mastery that may have been missed in virtual learning.
April 3rd @ 9am: 1.5 hrs
Reading and English Content and Strategies
Students will learn the strategies and content needed for success on the Reading and English sections of the ACT. Given the recent distance learning models adopted by most high schools, Ben Smith composition and comprehension concepts for student mastery that may have been missed in virtual learning.
April 4th @ 9am: 3.5 hrs
Practice Test #2
Students track their learning progress in a second full length, proctored ACT scored by Ben Smith who will review and revise students’ individual study habits and hone in on areas of improvement during one-on-one tutoring sessions.
April 10th @ 9am: 3.5 hrs
Proctored Test #3
After a 15 minute mindfulness training session created by a certified yoga and meditation teacher specifically for the Cultivate ACT Prep Experience, students will take a final practice test to assess their progress and predicted score on the ACT.
April 11th @ 9am: 1 hr
Test #3 Results and Q&A Session
Guided through their results, Ben will review test questions of students’ individual choosing for clarity and content mastery.
• All group sessions are held at Cultivate Academics 1925 Village Center Circle, Suite 150 Las Vegas, NV 89134
• Online Distance Learning option available for students to fully participate in the ACT Prep Experience virtually
• Students are encouraged to book their 6 hours of one-on-one personalized tutoring with Ben Smith during the weekdays between weekend group sessions to give the most comprehensive and individualized learning experience throughout the 4 weeks; all one-on-one sessions must be completed by April 16th, 2021
Customize your ACT Prep Experience With The Following Add-Ons:
• 5 additional hours of tutoring with Ben Smith
• A 1 yr subscription to Ben Smith’s Bullseye Prep Videos that teach and review the 136 total concepts and strategies covered on the ACT with additional practice problems that include over 15 hrs of content for student mastery. Keep studying after the camp for additional tests and chances to SUPERSCORE for college applications!
Full ACT Camp
ACT Camp & Videos
Full ACT Camp In Addition To Ben Smith’s Bullseye Prep Videos
ACT Camp, Videos, & Additional Tutoring
Full ACT Camp, Bullseye Prep Videos, & 5 Additional Hours Of Tutoring *BEST VALUE
ACT Camp Limited
Includes ACT Camp Group and Test Sessions Only
(no one-on-one tutoring)
Video Access Only
Access To The Bullseye Prep Videos. Access Is Provided Within 24-48 Hours After Purchase.
Includes 5 Hours Of One-On-One Tutoring With Ben Smith
Standardized Test Preparation is often limited to large, impersonal group camps or expensive one-on-one tutoring, but the Cultivate ACT Preparation Experience blends the community of collaborative learning with the rigor of six hours of individualized one-on-one instruction.
Students will start by taking a proctored ACT test to determine their strengths and weaknesses. Our team of tutors will analyze their mistakes to help tailor the student’s individualized instruction
Our tutors have cultivated a list of essential lessons and strategies that all students taking the ACT must know. The course curriculum will be taught by two highly qualified tutors and will be limited to a small group.
After our tutors have analyzed the tests, we will create an individualized curriculum to ensure each student can reach their potential on test day. There are four tutors to choose from, each contributing an eclectic group of knowledge. Students can choose either one tutor to work with or they can work with a mix of tutors for one-hour sessions.
After growing through both a group session and personalized instruction, students will take a second proctored practice test. Like the first one, it will be scored and analyzed.
After taking feedback from students and analyzing the second test, we will create a customized review to continue the group’s instruction.
Throughout the three week experience, our Certified College Admissions counselor will discuss pertinent information regarding standardized testing and the college admissions process. Students will also be provided mindfulness and meditation strategies by our certified yoga and meditation instructor.
Meet The Collaborators & Tutors
Rebecca L. Sherer
• Founding Partner of Cultivate Academics
• Certified College Admissions Counselor
• Member of NACAC and WACAC
• BS English Education
• 12 yrs ACT/SAT tutoring experience
• Cultivate Academics Expert ACT Tutor
• Data proven history of raising student ACT scores
• 3+ years experience in ACT and SAT instruction, tutor training, and curriculum creation
• 5+ years high school level teaching experience, CA
• B.S. in Journalism