Figuring out which college you want to attend can be tough – there are tons of choices and lots of information to consider. Thankfully, you don’t have to do it alone! The college admission coaches at Cultivate Academics are here to help you figure out which college is the best fit for you. But even before working with a college admission coach, you can do much of the research at home, in the comfort of your own home. If you’re thinking about researching colleges online, here are some great websites and apps that can help get you started!
Things to Look at Before Applying
The first step in college planning is research. You want to find a school that is a good fit for you academically, socially, and financially. College admissions can be competitive, so it’s important to learn as much as you can about your target schools. The best way to do this is by researching colleges online. Here are some things to look at when you’re researching colleges online:
Different Ways to Get Answers
The internet is a great tool for college planning. You can research colleges online and get a lot of information about them without even leaving your home. This can be a great way to get started in the college admissions process. Here are five different ways to get answers to your questions about colleges online:
1. Visit the college’s website- Every college has a website that potential students can visit. This is a great place to start your research. There you will find all sorts of information, including what they look for in applicants, how they rank their classes, and what majors they offer. When you visit the college’s website, make sure to click on everything that interests you so you don’t miss anything important!
2. Search through college blogs- College blogs provide current updates on what’s happening at colleges all over the country, so they can be a great resource if you’re looking for new schools or just want some tips on how to apply.
3. Speak with a college admission coach to get expert insights into which schools may be right for you and what the admissions requirements are. You can connect with a college admission coach by completing the contact form here.
Questions You Should Ask Before Deciding on a College
1. What are the school’s admissions requirements?
2. How much does it cost to attend?
3. What is the student-to-faculty ratio?
4. What are the available majors and minors?
5. What are the housing options?
6. Is there a study abroad program?
7. What are the extracurricular activities offered?
What the Experts Say
College planning can be a daunting task, but fortunately, there are a number of great resources available online. College admissions experts say that the best way to research colleges is to start by visiting the websites of the schools you’re interested in. Once you’ve narrowed down your list, you can then use online resources like college search engines and social media to learn more about each school. Finally, don’t forget to contact the schools directly with any questions you may have.